- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1.) The complete DVD set of Stargate SG-1. This one probably will not happen until my next birthday when I've saved enough
2.) Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. I have been seeing Jack Skellington stuff everywhere and I want some! D:
3.) A GazettE t-shirt.
4.) A new anime series on DVD. Betterman or Serial Experiments Lain would be a plus.
5.) The Lord of the Rings book series. I want to own them. ._.
6.) Christmas/Winter cards from whoever wants to send me one. ^_^
7.) Dir en grey's Dozing Green CD. I feel like the only fan that doesn't have it. ;_;
8.) A gerbil! A gerbil made of steel that doesn't smell like a gerbil so my snake and cat will not eat it!
9.) A new plushie (stuffed toy...usually used in the context of a anime-related stuffed toy). I collect them. ^^ The anime kind and just regular stuffed animals. =3
10.) For everyone to have a lovely Winter holiday.
If anyone would like to get in touch with me to get my address so you can send me something my email is: ButterflyJ123[at]aol[dot]com